All students rising to 9th grade are invited to attend the 1-week Summer Bridge program that is being offered at the South Eugene High School campus. Summer Bridge is a Eugene School District 4J program offered at each of the 4J high school campuses to help ensure a smooth and successful transition for incoming freshmen. For more information, click on the image of the bridge!
8TH GRADE FESTIVITIES ARE COMING!
It’s almost time to give a fond farewell to our 8th graders!
The 8th grade pool party at Amazon Pool is Monday, June 11, 2:00-3:30pm.
The promotion ceremony is Thursday, June 14, 6:30-7:30pm in the large gym.
The dance, exclusively for Roosevelt 8th graders, follows promotion on June 14 at 7:45-9:45pm in the dining hall.
Detailed information and permission forms are attached to this email and are also available on Roosevelt’s website and will be distributed to 8th graders in house Monday, May 21.
In the meantime, we need your help to send them off to high school in style, so please consider helping in any of these ways:
- set up and take down the dance decorations,
- set up and staff the buffet at the dance and clean up afterwards,
- staff the pool party,
- supply delicious, nutritious food for the dance,
- supply snacks for the pool party
- May 22 (T) - TrackTown Youth League Meet 5:30 pm (Churchill High School)
- May 22 (T) - Informational meeting for South Eugene High School Soccer Club 6:00-7:30 pm (SEHS Cafeteria)
- May 24th (Th) - Gender Revolution Viewing & Discussion 6:30-8:30 (in the Library)
- May 27 (Su) - RMS Online Auction ends
- May 31 (Th) - Cultural Festival Open House 6:30-7:30 pm
- June 11th (M) - 8th grade pool party (Amazon Pool) 2-3:30 pm
- June 14th (Th) - 8th grade promotion (6:30-7:30 pm) &
dance (7:45-9:45 pm)
Check out this week’s eNEWS for upcoming events and information, including details on the RMS Online Auction, the Cultural Festival, a courtyard plants project, Gender Revolution screening and discussion, 8th grade promotion, information for families of incoming 6th graders, South Eugene Summer Bridge Program, South Eugene Soccer Club, and TrackTown Youth League. Upcoming Events May 22 (T) – TrackTown Youth League Meet 5:30 pm (Churchill High School) May 22 (T) – Informational meeting for South Eugene High School Soccer Club
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S OFFICE
The Roosevelt Middle School staff strives to provide for student growth in academic and social skills, as well as opportunities to develop empathy, citizenship, and a sense of responsibility. These "North Stars", as they are referred to by teaching staff, will focus collaborative work together on facilitating the best possible character development for our students. The Roosevelt Middle School North Stars are...
To Foster Academic And Social Skills for Success
To Develop Empathy, Citizenship, a Sense of Responsibility and Visions for the Future.
To Work to Narrow Social Disparities, Open Doors to Diversity and To Explore Who They Are
To Develop Enthusiasm About Learning That’s Relevant and Authentic
Please assist the Roosevelt Middle School community to develop the best people (both academically and socially) possible while approaching a post-secondary future. We look forward to working alongside you.