Welcome to the 2018-2019 school year!
We hope your family had a wonderful summer and we look forward to the start of the school year with everyone. This weekly e-newsletter is from Parents at Roosevelt (PAR). It is sent to all Roosevelt families each Monday to inform you of upcoming Roosevelt activities and community events. All families are automatically subscribed to eNEWS to ensure everyone has access to the information.
- Sept 13th (Th) – Ice Cream Social (5:30-6:30 pm)
- Sept 13th (Th) – Parents at Roosevelt (PAR) meeting (6:30-7:00)
- Sept 17th (Th) – School Pictures (all day)
- Sept 20th (Th) – Open House (6 pm)
- Oct. 11 (Th) – No School (mid-term grading)
- Oct. 12 (F) – No School (statewide inservice)
- Oct. 15 (M) – Picture retakes
- Oct. 26th (F) – Activity Night
Back to School Ice Cream Social & First PAR Meeting
Join us for a back to school Ice Cream Social!
Thursday, Sept. 13th5:30-6:30 PM
Enjoy frozen treats supplied by Parents at Roosevelt (PAR). Please bring your own water or soft drink, and a blanket to sit on. The first Parents at Roosevelt (PAR) meeting of the year will happen right after the Ice Cream Social (6:30-7:00 PM). Find out about plans for the upcoming year and how you can get involved!
Thank You Volunteers!
Thank you to Rebecca Humble, Alice Webb and Laura Fuhriman for stuffing back to school envelopes in August.
Thank you to members of Praise Community Church for helping the custodians during the summer and also for pulling weeds in the courtyard and dining area south of the building. Thank you also for providing pastries and coffee for staff on teachers’ first day back to work.
4J Leaders Network
The 4J Parent Leaders Network is a volunteer network connecting parent organization leaders for mutual support. They meet at the District Office at 200 North Monroe Street; space and refreshments are provided by Eugene School District 4J. This year’s meetings will be convened by Heather Sielicki (Camas Ridge Parent) and Rita Gillihan (Yujin Gakuen Parent) on 10/3, 12/3, 2/4, and 4/15 from 6:30pm to 8:00pm. You are invited to participate with the parent leaders at your school.
2018-2019 Meeting Schedule
- October 3rd: Back to school; policies and procedures that apply to parent groups, working with the Eugene Education Foundation, and communication best practices.
- December 3rd: Understanding K-12 Funding in Oregon 101; working with the School Board, programs and ideas for raising additional funds for your school community.
- February 4th: Community involvement; best practices to support the involvement of parents and families in the education of their children, how to get your neighborhood connected with your school.
- April 15: Advocacy; enhance your ability to impact educational opportunities and social change, mobilize volunteers and recruit future parent leaders.
For more information, please visit https://parentleadersnetwork.org. To add your parent leaders to the email list for meeting reminders and announcement, please email their contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your support.
Earn Free Money for Roosevelt!
Throughout the year we raise money to help support funding of our school staffing and programs. Two simple (and free) ways to help support the school are the eScrip and Fred Meyer rewards programs. These programs automatically donate a portion of your purchase cost to Roosevelt each time you shop at local stores (Market of Choice, Fred Meyer) or eat at local restaurants (e.g., Sizzle Pie). Additionally, with eScrip you can earn money for the school when you shop online.
Please take a moment to enroll in the programs. If you are already registered, please check your account and update your cards if needed (also check to make sure you have designated Roosevelt as your recipient). The instructions are below.
eScrip: Go to www.escrip.com (or click on icon below) and:
- Register your credit/debit cards
- Designate Roosevelt Middle School—Recipient ID # 6723045
Roosevelt will earn a percentage of your purchases each time you shop at Market of Choice, eat at Sizzle Pie, Jameson’s, Dickey’s Barbecue (or other participating restaurants), or shop online at the eScrip online mall (https://shopping.escrip.com/).
2) Fred Meyer: Go to www.fredmeyer.com/communityrewards (or click on the icon below) and
- Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Roosevelt. You can search by our name or by our non-profit number GB554.
- If you do not have a Rewards Card, they are available at the Customer Service desk of any Fred Meyer store.
Every time you shop and use your Fred Meyer Rewards Card, you help Roosevelt earn a donation! You still earn your Rewards Points, Fuel Points, and Rebates.