To see latest calendar and announcements, visit our team website at: Athletic.net
Roughrider Track & Field 2018
- WHEN: Practices begin on Monday, March 5. Practices will be held every Monday-Thursday from 3:45 PM – 5:30 PM, except on Wednesdays (2:45 PM – 4:30 PM) due to our early release schedule.
- WHO: Any current RMS student who is interested in participating on this year’s track team is welcome to participate.
- COST: The cost for the season is $100.00 per student-athlete. There are scholarships available based upon individual/family need.WE DO NOT WANT MONEY TO PREVENT SOMEONE FROM PARTICIPATING!
- MEETS: Track meets will begin on Thursday, April 5 and be held most Thursdays until the 4J Middle School District Meet on Thursday, May 10th. Dual meets (the 1st four meets of the season) start @ 4:30pm and typically last around 3-4 hours.
- WHY: Being part of the track team at RMS is important in a variety of ways. First, it provides a healthy activity that many of our students need in our current world of technology and video games. Second, it teaches each athlete the importance of being part of a team. Finally, it gives our students a chance to connect and foster positive, supporting relationships with people, both students and staff, they may not normally interact with during the regular school day.
Required paperwork and season schedules are available in the office and from Coach Eric Johannsen. Please do not hesitate to contact Coach Johannsen if you have any questions about the upcoming season.
- Eric Johannsen Head Track Coach
- Phone: 541-790-8551
- E-Mail: johannsen _ email@example.com