Weekly News & Updates
Check out this week’s eNEWS for a request for Activity Night volunteers, information on photo retakes, this week’s Track Town Pizza fundraiser, October PAR meeting, lost and found, RMS Activity Night, a National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) training, and an LTD student bus program.
If you do not wish to receive the eNEWS, or no longer have a student at Roosevelt, please click on Unsubscribe in the footer at the bottom of this email.
Oct. 15th (T) – Picture Retakes
Oct. 16th (W) – Track Town Roosevelt Fundraiser
Oct. 17th (Th) – 6th Grade Drama Showcase (6:00 PM)
Oct. 18th (F) – PAR Meeting (9:15 AM) in the Library
Oct. 18th (F) – 6th Grade Drama Showcase (6:00 PM)
Oct. 24th (Th) – Solo and Chamber Recital (6:00 PM)
Oct. 25th (F) – Activity Night (6:30 PM)
Activity Night Volunteers Needed
Do you want to volunteer during our first Activity Night of the school year, on October 25th, 2019? Contact Laura Fuhriman at firstname.lastname@example.org
Picture Retakes THIS TUESDAY Oct. 15th
Picture retakes are this Tuesday, October 15th during first period (9:00-9:55 am). If students are having retakes, they must bring the original picture packet to school on Tuesday to give the photographer. Any students who did not have pictures taken on the first picture day should definitely plan to have pictures taken next Tuesday , even if you choose not to purchase pictures. If you do want to purchase pictures, packets are available in the office
Track Town Pizza Fundraiser for Roosevelt:
THIS Wednesday, Oct. 16th
Looking for a reason to enjoy a lunch out or take a night off from cooking? Join us this Wednesday, October 16th for our monthly Out in the Community fundraiser at Tracktown Pizza. 50% of all purchases (dine-in and carry-out only) made with the voucher provided by Tracktown will benefit the Roosevelt track team. Not feeling pizza that day? Use your voucher to purchase a gift certificate for a later date and 25% of your purchase price will come back to Roosevelt track and field. Vouchers will be sent out the week of the event via email and a limited number of vouchers will be available in the front office. Thanks for supporting our community and the Roosevelt Rough Riders.
PAR October Meeting: THIS Friday Oct. 18th
Parents At Roosevelt’s October business meeting will be held this Friday, October 18th at 9:15 am in the library. PAR meetings are a wonderful opportunity to hear directly from the principal about what’s happening in the classroom and beyond at Roosevelt and discover more about the many ways to get involved, upcoming parent education events, and more. All Roosevelt parents are welcome at our meetings; we can’t wait to meet you and hear your ideas. Have questions or want to talk about adding something to the agenda? Email Alexis at email@example.com.
Lost & Found
Please remind your students to check the lost and found for missing jackets, binders, water bottles and many other items. Parents may check the lost and found before and after school. All items in lost and found will be cleared out and donated at the end of October.
RMS Activity Night
Friday, October 25th, 2019
Halloween Theme: Costumes are optional
(NO Masks that cover the face)
What is Activity Night?
Activity Night is a fun and safe opportunity for all Roosevelt students to socialize in a safe and familiar place.
What are some of the activities?
* DJ/Dancing in the small gym
* Karaoke, Bingo, Ping Pong
* Concessions – pizza, chips, popcorn, juice ($.50-$1.00)
* Coat room (lockers are not available to students so you are discouraged from bringing any bags)
* AND MORE . . .
Activities will be located in the Dining Hall and C Hall only. The rest of the school will be closed, including ALL lockers. Use the coat room to store your stuff. Entry will ONLY be through the admission doors in the back of the building at the dining hall.
Who is invited?
Activity Night is for Roosevelt students only except: students wanting to invite a friend who attends another middle school, must fill out a permission form signed by an administrator from both schools. Forms are available in the front office and are due by Thursday October 24. Visitors pay $5 for admission at the door. No visitors will be admitted without a signed permission form approved and in the office by October 24.
Students who do not attend school on Friday may not attend Activity Night Friday night.
$3.00 in advance ($1.50 for reduced lunch program; free for families that qualify)
$5.00 for EVERYONE at the door
If you purchase admission in advance, you must bring your activity night card with you; otherwise you will pay $5 at the door.
How is the money used?
Proceeds from activity night are first used to cover the expenses of activity night and any remaining funds are used to support various school programs, including field trips, teacher classroom grants, student scholarships and similar uses.
ACTIVITY NIGHT CARDS GO ON SALE IN HOUSE MONDAY, OCTOBER 21.
* Drop off and pick up are in the parking lot on the east side of the school. All students enter through the south Dining Hall doors. NO ENTRY AT THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL.
* Students may NOT leave early unless a parent picks them up.
* All students must be picked up promptly at 8:00 pm
Students may wear costumes to school, but they must conform to the Roosevelt Middle School dress code as stated in the student planner. Costumes may not be demeaning to any ethnic group, race, religion, nationality, disability, gender, or individual (staff or student) at the school.
* No unsafe props or equipment including replica or toy weapons are to be brought to school.
* No costumes that would completely hide the identity of the student, i.e. gorilla suit, mask, etc.
* No costumes that would impair a student’s vision or movement.
* All students participating must come to school dressed in their costumes – no getting ready in the building. Make up, hair products etc will be confiscated and not returned. If you are not sure, don’t wear it!
REMINDERS ABOUT ACTIVITY NIGHT:
1. Students who purchased activity night cards in advance must bring their activity night cards with them and enter the building at the south side cafeteria door near the theater stage.
2. Students who pay at the door (including guests) enter at the south side cafeteria door near the parking lot.
3. No outside food or drink is allowed at activity night.
4. If you do not come to school on Friday you may not attend activity night.
5. No taking videos during activity night.
6. The same rules that apply to clothing during the school day apply at activity night.
7. Students may not go to their lockers during activity night.
8. No one may leave early unless your parent comes to pick you up.
9. All students must be picked up promptly at 8:00 pm.
National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) Basics
NAMI Basics is a free educational course designed for family members of children and adolescents with emotional and behavioral difficulties.
What: Tuesdays October 15 – Nov 19th
Location: 72A, 2447 Centennial Loop # 150, Eugene, OR
*Snacks and childcare provided
What should I know?
• Open to parents and caregivers of people younger than 22 who are experiencing mental health challenges
• Meets for six sessions
• Free for participants
• Taught by trained NAMI family members whose children experience mental health challenges
What I will learn?
• Gain practical up-to-date information about mental health conditions
• Learn how to effectively advocate for your child with the school and mental health system.
• Develop problem solving and communication skills
• Find a community of support
Get on the Bus: Students Ride Free on LTD
All students in kindergarten through 12th grade can now ride Lane Transit District (LTD) buses for free. For now, students can ride free if they show their school identification card or just tell the bus driver where they are a student. At a future point students will be required to show a pass or app to board the bus. Learn more: www.ltd.org/student-pass.
Los estudiantes viajan gratis en LTD
El Distrito de Transporte del Condado de Lane (LTD por sus siglas en inglés) ahora ofrece transporte gratuito en autobús a todos los estudiantes de kindergarten a 12° grado. Por el momento, los estudiantes pueden viajar gratis si muestran al operador del autobús su tarjeta de identificación de la escuela o simplemente le dicen al operador a que escuela van. En el futuro, los estudiantes deberán mostrar un pase o una aplicación móvil para abordar el autobús. Para más información en inglés visite www.ltd.org/student-pass.
Earn Free Money for Roosevelt!
Click on the link above and register your credit/debit cards, designating Roosevelt Middle School—Recipient ID #6723045. Earn money for Roosevelt every time you shop at Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie (& other local restaurants).
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Roosevelt. You can search by our name or by our non-profit number GB554. Click on the link above.
Download the Box Top for Education App in Google Play or the App Store, sign up (or sign in) and take a picture of your receipt within 14 days of purchase. It will automatically credit the school for each product. For more information, click on the link above.