RAD IS COMING!
Hey Roosevelt families! Roosevelt Activity Days (RAD) is Roosevelt’s BIG fall fundraiser and it begins in two weeks, on November 12-15. Roosevelt students will participate in community building House activities to build trust, unity and cooperation in and among Houses. Students will participate in RAD events to raise funds to support Roosevelt services. We are asking students to collect donations. You can be part of RAD this year and help ensure the success of every child at Roosevelt by donating. Your support is crucial to our efforts to fully support Roosevelt activities and services. We would greatly appreciate a donation of ANY amount to help us reach our yearlong fundraising goal of $100,000. Students will receive their collection envelopes in house on Monday, October 28 so they can start collecting donations. Turn in dates will be Tuesday through Friday, November 12, 13, 14 and 15. Please make checks payable to Roosevelt Middle School. You, along with family and friends, can also make online donations at: https://www.schoolpay.com/link/RAD-2019. Thank you for your support!
Please make sure to review the following fundraising tips with your student:
Roosevelt Activity Days November 12-15 Fundraising Tips
Start with family and family friends. If your family approves going door to door, then follow these guidelines:
- When soliciting pledges for RAD or for any fundraiser, ALWAYS go with an adult.
- When asking for sponsors door-to-door, students should never enter anyone’s home.
- Return home frequently when collecting money; students should not carry large sums of money, especially cash.
- Use only first names and never give out addresses or phone numbers.
- Family and friends can also donate online at https://www.schoolpay.com/link/RAD-2019
- 1. Each RMS family is strongly encouraged to raise whatever they can. Every dollar counts.
- Money turn in days are November 12, 13, 14 and 15. Bring your envelopes and collections to school on those days.
- Be sure to collect the pledge money at the time of solicitation, NOT after RAD.
- Checks should be made payable to Roosevelt Middle School or RMS.
SAMPLE SCRIPT TO USE WHEN SOLICITING
“Hi, my name is ____________, and I’m a student at Roosevelt Middle School. I am participating in Roosevelt Activity Days November 12-15 to raise money for staffing and other programs at Roosevelt Middle School. Would you be interested in sponsoring me in this activity?”
Remember students: The “activity” is community building House activities to build trust, unity and cooperation in and among Houses and also House spirit activities.
- If you are asked for a receipt, have the donor call the main office at RMS (541-790-8500).
- A “no soliciting” sign means the home you are approaching is requesting that you do NOT come to their door. Please respect homes with this sign.