Eugene International High School (Eugene IHS) is a choice school for students in grades nine through twelve offering a four-year interdisciplinary humanities curriculum focused on international studies. Students spend two class periods each school day in their IHS classes and the other three class periods in host school classes.
ANY student can enroll. All interested students must fill out an online 4J School Choice application, regardless of attendance area: www.4j.lane.edu/choice
. The in-district deadline is January 31st
IMPORTANT DATES for the 2021-2022 School Year:
- January 1 – Online application period for 4J School Choice Lottery opens for in-district students
- January 31 – Deadline to submit in-district 4J School Choice Lottery Applications
- March 1 – Online application period for 4J School Choice Lottery opens for out-of-district students
- March 31 – Deadline to submit out-of-district 4J School Choice Lottery Applications
Immersion students will be enrolled in Eugene IHS without the lottery process because they entered immersion through the lottery in elementary or middle school. However, immersion students do need to submit the Eugene IHS Enrollment Form to the Eugene IHS office at South or Sheldon by the January 31st deadline. This form will be included in a special mailing to immersion families.
Eugene IHS will hold special 8th grade parent information nights:
Please join us on Zoom for any of the special information nights to learn more about our exciting school. The presentations will be the same on each night. Please attend any night you can.
- Tuesday, January 11, 7:00 pm on Zoom (Includes French Immersion break-out session)
- Thursday, January 13, 7:00 pm on Zoom
- Tuesday, January 18, 7:00 pm on Zoom (Includes Spanish Immersion break-out session)
*Spanish interpretation services provided at this meeting
Use this ZOOM link for all of the above sessions:
Meeting ID: 975 9743 6370
In addition to the Spanish interpretation services mentioned above, we can also provide American Sign Language interpretation during any of these meetings. If you need ASL interpretation please contact one of our Eugene IHS office secretaries in advance and let us know.
If your student has an interest in the world, and wants to learn about other countries and cultures, we hope they will consider becoming part of our Eugene IHS family.
For more information contact one of the Eugene IHS offices below, or visit the Eugene IHS website at www.ihs.4j.lane.edu
Eugene IHS @ Churchill: 541-790-5225
Eugene IHS @ Sheldon: 541-790-6636
Eugene IHS @ South Eugene: 541-790-8030