PARENTS AT ROOSEVELT – WHAT IS PAR?
PAR (Parents at Roosevelt) is the parent-led volunteer organization that supports RMS students and staff, connects and informs parents, and is one of the many ways parents can get involved in the school. There are no membership fees to join PAR — all RMS parents are automatically members and encouraged to participate in any and all ways that work for them.
What does PAR do?
PAR fundraises throughout the year to secure supplemental funding for staffing. PAR also provides teacher grants which go to support field trips, purchase books and other supplies, all of which provide greater learning experiences for all students. Our biggest fundraiser, Showcase Roosevelt, is held in the spring.
PAR sponsors Parent Education Nights. These presentations cover current teen topics such as anxiety, self-esteem and confidence-building, identity, social media and substance use. We work with local experts to bring you the most current information, ideas, and resources available. Please contact us with topics you’d like to see presented and discussed for future events.
PAR hosts teacher and staff appreciation events throughout the year. We invite families to participate by contributing items, usually food or drinks, for these occasions. PAR works with staff and students to put on three Activity Nights during the school year. These are fun-filled evenings for the students to enjoy music and games in a safe, supervised environment.
How can I be involved with PAR?
• Attend a PAR business meeting—stay tuned for meeting days and time.
• Volunteer at RAD (Roosevelt Activity Day) or an Activity Night.
• Participate in a Parent Education event.
• Volunteer for Showcase Roosevelt.
• Fill an open leadership position (with support from PAR leadership): activity night chair, EEF chair/liaison, fundraising chair, eScrip chair, Box Tops chair, Out in the Community chair
• Follow PAR on Facebook at www.facebook.com/parentsatroosevelt and on Instagram at @parentsatroosevelt.