Weekly News & Updates
Check out this week’s eNEWS for upcoming events, a thank you, a request for volunteers, a reminder about student pick-up and drop-off, lost & found information, the Helping All People (HAP) food drive, Staff Appreciation opportunities, parent education nights on cyberbullying and sexting, and a Spring Creek Holly Farm fundraiser.
HAVE A WONDERFUL WINTER BREAK!!
If you do not wish to receive the eNEWS, or no longer have a student at Roosevelt, please click on Unsubscribe in the footer at the bottom of this email.
Dec. 17th (T) – All the World’s a Stage 7/8 Drama Showcase(6:00 PM)
Dec. 18th (W) – All the World’s a Stage 7/8 Drama Showcase(4:30 PM)
Dec. 19th (Th) – All the World’s a Stage 7/8 Drama Showcase(6:00 PM)
Dec. 20th (F) – All the World’s a Stage 7/8 Drama Showcase(6:00 PM)
Dec. 23rd-Jan. 6th-NO SCHOOL: Winter Break
Thank you to everyone who has donated to HAP (Helping All People)– we have received many food items. A special thank you to Valeria MacLeod who is managing the purchase of perishable food and to all the volunteers who helped, and will help this week, to sort food.
We are looking for donations of cookies and juice for our drama concession stands during our 4 shows of the Taming of the Shrew, by Shakespeare. Please sign up HERE. Thank you very much.
During the school year we have classroom events and activities where volunteers are needed. We would be very thankful if you could join us. For more information on how to become a volunteer, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator, Laura Fuhriman, at email@example.com
Reminder: Student Pick-Up and Drop-Off
1) Stay in the right pause parking lane (marked by a green curb) at drop-off and pick-up and move as far forward as possible toward the soccer field. Stopping at the entrance creates a traffic jam. DO NOT STOP IN ANY YELLOW AREA. Do not use the left “drive through” lane to leap frog into a spot further up. Leap frogging has created many near miss incidents.
2) If you need to exit your vehicle, do not use pause parking. Please find a parking spot.
3) Drivers must always turn right out of the parking lot onto 24thfrom 8:15 – 9:15 and 3:15 – 4:15, or use the alternative exit to Hilyard. The “right turn only” rule keeps traffic flowing and is predictable for pedestrians.
4) Please make sure to observe the speed limit for School Zones. The speed limit is 20 mph on all streets used to approach RMS.
5) You may use the “old Roosevelt” area for parking, but do not park adjacent to the end of the soccer field, as this creates one-way only traffic and a bottle-neck on the small road that leads to Hilyard.
6) Parking is also available in the parking lot next to the tennis courts. Your student may cross 24th with the crossing guard to meet you in that parking lot.
Lost & Found
The lost and found will be cleared out Wednesday afternoon. If your child is missing any clothing, lunch boxes or anything else, make sure to have them check the lost and found before noon on Wednesday.
Helping All People (HAP)
It’s that time of year, when we collect food and money in house for our annual HAP (Helping All People) drive. HAP is happening now and will continue until this Monday, Dec 16th. The non-perishable food collected in this drive, along with the money raised to purchase fresh, perishable food items, such as, turkey/ham/tofurky, fresh fruit and vegetables, milk, butter, etc., will be shared with our community and Food for Lane County. The goal for each advisor’s house is to fill a box from a list of non-perishable food items AND to collect a minimum of $50 per house to pay for fresh foods.
1. Each advisor’s house is asked to fill its collection box from a list of needed non-perishable foods. If you are not sure you can participate, no problem – bring food and money only if your family can and wants to support the drive. If you are able to donate more, please know extra food is always welcome and appreciated and can support those houses that need help completing their list.
2. Each advisor’s house has a goal of $50 ($2 per student) for fresh, perishable food items. We suggest a $2-$20 donation, but every dime counts! Extra money will help support any houses that do not reach their goal.
Food and money collection is underway!
Thank you for your support.
Please check all expiration dates!
This December, we have several great opportunities to appreciate our teachers and staff at Roosevelt. We are giving the staff lounge a bit of an upgrade and would like to thank the teachers and staff for all their hard work by supplying them with a basket of coffee/tea and a new coffee maker (10-12 cup with an insulated carafe would be amazing). We will accompany the basket of coffee, and hopefully a coffee maker, with plates of cookies on December 19th and 20th.
If you are willing and able to bring a plate of cookies or a bag of ground coffee or two, that would be amazing. You can sign up with here: Staff Appreciation Sign-Up. We also would love your help filling a Gratitude Basket with positive written messages about RMS teachers and support staff. Please take a moment to share a few words of kindness to let RMS staff know their dedicated work is noticed and appreciated. Written notes should be dropped in the PAR basket in the RMS office. They do not need to be written on fancy paper (post-it notes, napkins…we’ll take them!), and may be submitted anonymously. Thank you for helping to support positive culture at RMS!
– from the PAR Staff Appreciation Team
Prevent Cyberbullying, Sexting & Child Exploitation: Parent Education Nights: Know what’s going on(line)!
You are invited to a free parent training about preventing cyberbullying, sexting, and sexual exploitation of children. Eugene School District 4J is teaming up with the Eugene Police Department and Bethel School District to provide this training, conducted by a nationally recognized child crimes specialist. Choose which night works for you—the training is offered three times, Dec. 17, 18 or 19, 6:30–8:30 p.m. at South Eugene High School.
Spring Creek Holly Farm Fundraiser
Spring Creek Holly Farm is offering a special school fundraising opportunity for families planning on purchasing a Christmas tree this year. If you purchase a tree at Spring Creek Holly Farm, 50% of the proceeds will be donated to the Lane County school of your choice. All trees are $7/ft. Just buy a tree and tell them that Roosevelt is the school of your choice, and they will do the rest. Friends, family co-workers etc. can purchase a tree to benefit our school.
For more information click on the following link: http://springcreekholly.com/fundraising/
Earn Free Money for Roosevelt!
Click on the link above and register your credit/debit cards, designating Roosevelt Middle School—Recipient ID #6723045. Earn money for Roosevelt every time you shop at Market of Choice, Sizzle Pie (& other local restaurants).
Sign up for the Community Rewards program by linking your Fred Meyer Rewards Card to Roosevelt. You can search by our name or by our non-profit number GB554. Click on the link above.
Download the Box Top for Education App in Google Play or the App Store, sign up (or sign in) and take a picture of your receipt within 14 days of purchase. It will automatically credit the school for each product. For more information, click on the link above.
Roosevelt Middle School | Phone: 541-790-8500 | Attendance: 541-790-8525 |