Roosevelt Middle School Activity Night
Friday, February 7, 2020, 6:30-8:00pm
What is Activity Night?
Activity Night is a fun and safe opportunity for all Roosevelt students to socialize in a safe and familiar place.
What are some of the activities?
- DJ/Dancing in the small gym
- Karaoke, Bingo, Ping Pong
- Concessions – pizza, chips, popcorn, juice ($.50-$1.00)
- Coat room (lockers are not available to students so you are discouraged from bringing any bags)
- AND MORE . . .
Activities will be located in the Dining Hall and C Hall only. The rest of the school will be closed, including ALL lockers. Use the coat room to store your stuff. Entry will ONLY be through the admission doors in the back of the building at the dining hall.
Who is invited?
Activity Night is for Roosevelt students only except: students wanting to invite a friend who attends another middle school, must fill out a permission form signed by an administrator from both schools. Forms are available in the front office and are due by Thursday, February 6. Visitors pay $5 for admission at the door. No visitors will be admitted without a signed permission form approved and in the office by February 6. Students who do not attend school on Friday may not attend Activity Night Friday night.
$3.00 in advance ($1.50 for reduced lunch program; free for families that qualify)
$5.00 for EVERYONE at the door
If you purchase admission in advance, you must bring your activity night card with you; otherwise you will pay $5 at the door.
How is the money used?
Proceeds from activity night are first used to cover the expenses of activity night and any remaining funds are used to support various school programs, including field trips, teacher classroom grants, student scholarships and similar uses.
ACTIVITY NIGHT CARDS GO ON SALE IN HOUSE MONDAY, February 3.
Drop off and pick up are in the parking lot on the east side of the school. All students enter through the south Dining Hall doors. NO ENTRY AT THE FRONT OF THE SCHOOL.
Students may NOT leave early unless a parent picks them up. All students must be picked up promptly at 8:00pm
REMINDERS ABOUT ACTIVITY NIGHT:
- Students who purchased activity night cards in advance must bring their activity night cards with them and enter the building at the south side cafeteria door near the theater stage.
- Students who pay at the door (including guests) enter at the south side cafeteria door near the parking lot.
- No outside food or drink is allowed at activity night.
- If you do not come to school on Friday you may not attend activity night.
- No taking videos during activity night.
- No wheeled transportation will be allowed in the building. This means skateboards, scooters, razors and bikes MUST be locked up in the racks at the front of the building.
- Due to issues at the last activity night, we are asking all cell phones to be off and away, just like during the school day.
- The same rules that apply to clothing during the school day apply at activity night.
- Students may not go to their lockers during activity night.
- No one may leave early unless your parent comes to pick you up.
- All students must be picked up promptly at 8:00pm.