HAP: Helping All People for a Generation
Over the next three weeks, students will work together in House to support our annual school-wide event: HAP (Helping All People). For close to thirty years, families at Roosevelt have shown their generous spirit by donating food, clothing and other supplies to Eugene-area families during November and December. As we’ve done the past three years, we are opting for collecting pre-paid gift cards and cash donations to distribute to families in our school community. Please click here to donate: https://www.schoolpay.com/link/2023HAP
We fund HAP through House and student leadership groups including affinity groups. Students play an integral role in compiling gift bags for distribution under the guidance of Alicia Chamness, volunteer coordinator Laura Fuhriman, liaison Alison Wagner and counselors, Kelly Ayres and Lee Baker.
Our timeline for the event appears below:
- 11/27 – 12/1 : HAP planning in House and student leadership
- 12/4 – 12/8: HAP drive and collection continues
- 12/11 – 12/15: Gift cards compiled and delivered to families
Thanks so much for your awareness and support. We find this an incredibly worthwhile activity that grounds and connects our school community.
SUPPORT HAP: Donate your family’s cans and bottles!
One of the ways we like to fundraise for HAP (Helping All People) is through collecting bottles and cans via the Oregon Bottle Drop program!
- Pick up blue bags and tags from the front office
- Fill with bottles and cans
- Tag the bag with RMS’s QR code
- Drop off at any Bottle Drop location or Roosevelt Middle School
- Log into your Bottle Drop account
- Click on “Activity”
- Then “Use My $”
- Donate your balance to RMS via non-profit donations
Any recyclable donations will be used to provide support to RMS families during the Holiday Season.