Welcome back and here we go… ready to start the 2023-24 school year!
This is the first of messages we’ll send in the next week. Below are some quick updates for your planning purposes and attached to this email are beginning-of-the-year documents and forms. This email communication is in lieu of a back-to-school packet we historically have sent in the mail.We know it is a *lot* and we hope you can find some uninterrupted time in the next week to peruse it. We appreciate your attention!
First Days of School
- We’ll see our 6th grade students at 9:00 am on Wednesday, September 6and and our new 7th and 8th grade students at 12:30 pm. Sixth grade students will be dismissed at 2:35 pm and new 7th and 8th grade students will be done at 1:30 pm.
- We look forward to welcoming all students on Thursday, September 7 at 9:00 am; breakfast starts at 8:30 am and doors open at 8:15 am. Students should attend House first on 9/7. There, they will get their schedules and reconnect with friends and peers.
- Please note from the attached bell schedule, Wednesday is our new early release day.
- Please mark your calendar for Thursday, September 14 from 6:30 – 7:30 pm for our first Parents at Roosevelt (PAR) meeting and informal Open House event. Please also note Thursday, September 21
Back to School Documents
- 4J Annual Permissions and Notice of Legal Rights, 2023-24. We’ve updated these permissions as Google forms– no paper, printer, or access to email needed!
Bell schedule and year-long calendar, 2023-24. Our bell schedule is linked here and attached. Our year-long calendar is linked here and attached and the district calendar is available on the 4j website: https://www.4j.lane.edu/calendars/.
- We are still looking for a parent volunteer to take over our eNews publication, now with a new and improved program that is easy and beautiful to use. We estimate this is a 1-2 hour job per week and we’d love to have your help. Interested? Please contact Skye (email@example.com) or Laura (firstname.lastname@example.org) Thank you!
- Our campus clean-up continues! We would love to see you at our current event today– Friday, August 25. Please stop by for an hour and help us out with a few end-of-summer tasks. We so appreciate everyone who has been able to make it so far and look forward to future events to keep our community clean and connected! We’re also planning another clean-up event for Tuesday, September 5all day– stay tuned for additional information.
- All students in 4J schools can get a student pass to ride Lane Transit District (LTD) buses for free.
- Student transit passes can be used to travel anywhere within the LTD service area. Student passes can be used at any time—after school, on weekends and during school breaks, as well as to get to and from school each day.
- To get a free LTD student transit pass, available as a tap card or Umo smartphone app, middle school students can request their own passes at the front office.
- Passes are valid from September 1 of the current school year to September 30 of the following year and can be renewed by the school each year for ongoing free service.
- 2023-2024 Back to School Newsletter (coming)
- Attendance FAQs
- Roosevelt Contact Info eng-span
- Supply List
- RMS Year-long School Calendar 2023-24
- Parents at Roosevelt (PAR) Calendar 2023-24
- SCHOOLPAY BROCHURE
- Fee Sheet 2023-2024
- 4J Notice of Legal Rights and opt-out forms 2023-24
- 4J Aviso y-formularios-anuales-requeridos-2023-24
- 4J Annual Permissions 2023-24
- 4J Permisos anuales 2023-24
- 4J Tech Appropriate Use Expectations 2023-24 -English
- 4J Tech Appropriate Use Expectations 2023-24 K-8 -Spanish